Ames Community Preschool Center is always looking for passionate educators to join our team! Please complete our application and if applicable, send in class schedule. School-Age applications can be emailed to: email@example.com and applications for our Main Center toddler and preschool programs (Full-time Lead Teacher, Assistant Teacher, and Part-Time Assistant teacher) can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Ames Community Preschool Center
920 Carroll Ave
Ames, IA 50010
Part Time Positions
Part Time Teacher Aides report to the Main Center (920 Carroll Avenue) or to Elementary Schools throughout Ames.
Many ISU students begin their professional careers with part-time jobs in one of the many sites operated by ACPC. Student staff work a variety of different hours which change each semester. Scheduling is flexible. We do our best to work around class schedules.
The Main Center is open: Monday - Friday from 7am-6pm
School Age Sites are open:
Before School 7-8:15 am
After School 3:00-6:00 pm, and Wednesdays beginning at 1:45 pm
Full days during days of student non-attendance (Breaks, Summer, & Teacher Work days)
Part Time School Age Site Supervisor
Serving as a leader at one of ACPC's Before and After School Sites. The Site Supervisor directly supports the School-Age Coordinator (SAC) to implement an on-going plan of activities for both before and after school programming. The site supervisor is also responsible for orienting, supervising and evaluating school-age program staff. Responsible for the supervision of the day-to-day operations of the school-age program.
Typical work hours for Site Supervisors would be: 7:00-8:15am (at least 3 mornings a week) and 3:00-6:00pm every afternoon (Monday-Friday).
Site Supervisor Requirements:
Education & Experience
- 50 college credit hours in Elementary Education, or a related field (Human Development, Child and Family Services, Early Childhood Education, etc.)
- One year childcare experience required.
- Experience in a leadership/supervisory position preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving ability.
- Knowledge of state licensing standards and best practices for school-age children.
- Ability to relate to teachers and serve as a resource.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to obtain a Class D license.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
We do not accept any unsolicited candidates from fee-paid sources of candidates. All resumes submitted to this site are accepted without any obligation or responsibility by ACPC to the sender. The right to hire any referral submitted to this site is within ACPC's sole discretion, without liability or obligation of payment of any fee or other compensation to any third-party individual or entity.